Monday, August 16, 2010

This Is No Ordinary Love

I don't think Sade had fishing in mind when she sang those words, but when I found myself braving the triple digits in an oven of a tail water on Sunday, casting at gar and drum, the lyric kept creeping into the back of my head...

Sabine River @ Lake Tawakoni

Sabine River aug 15 028
Sabine River aug 15 031
Sabine River aug 15 033
Bass doing his best gar face
Sabine River aug 15 024
Spotted Gar, caught on a nylon fly tied by my friend Pondbass
Sabine River aug 15 014
Sabine River aug 15 026
My first gar! Released to swim for another day.

Not bad for my first real triumph of the day: 5:15am I leave Tyler for Fork, I fish around the marina, find some bowfin, get a couple strikes but never manage to land one. Finally I harass them enough and they depart for deeper water. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Sabine River aug 15 009
Drum, Caught this guy near a little waterfall. Such a beautiful fish! My first Drum
Sabine River aug 15 010


All in all a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment