Friday, November 12, 2010

Howdy

The guys @ Tailwaters put on a kick ass showing of the Drakes Fly Fishing Film Tour Wed night. I and 300 other anglers were in attendance. Prior to the showing we hung out at Tailwaters and enjoyed some brews and conversation. Best fly shop in Texas.
Yesterday a team I assembled shot in the annual Boy Scout Clay Pigeon tournament to raise money for the Circle Ten Council. Seeing that I am an Eagle Scout and my father is on the Executive board, it was my honor to get to participate.
The Shooters:
Scoutshoot2010 128
Tom, Steve, myself and Ross
Tom is the president of the THF, of which I am a board member, and Steve is the Owner of Private Water Fishing http://www.privatewaterfishing.com/ , Talk to him if you want to know where to go to catch giant bass and bluegill on expertly managed private lakes in Texas. My friend Ross shot on the team last year and has even caught crocodiles with me in Costa Rica.
My team did a great job and I want to thank them for their participation!
Scoutshoot2010 102
P.s. (I won a guided fishing trip and a guided deer hunt on a private scout property! Boosh!)
Last weekend My father, brother and I went out to our lease in Rockwood off of 283. Saw a ton of deer and some feral hogs. I didn't see "the deer" so I am waiting to shoot one a couple weeks from now. I did manage to take a 150lb pig, rather small for the property, but one less of those destructive S.O.B.s to roam Texas.
Rockwood20101st 014
Some shots around the property:
Rockwood20101st 018
6 Point Buck
Rockwood20101st 021
Behind the dam
Rockwood20101st 005
Front pasture
Rockwood20101st 023
Hope to get some fishing in soon.
I have a couple trips lined up, only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment