Monday, August 15, 2011

Pretty Much Epic

I left Emalie snoozing in bed around 4am on Saturday.

By the time I was passing through Downtown Dallas it was raining and my joy was mixed with the worry that it would screw up my fishing...

I arrived in Athens about an hour and 45 minutes later and was pushing the john boat, sans motor, into the drink about 6:30.

I was fishing a boogle bug popper with a #12 Surveyor Nymph w/tungsten head and after that got lost I switched to a #12 Silver Lightning Bug.


ClementsAug13th (89)
Red Spot Sunfish on a psych prince
ClementsAug13th (91)
ClementsAug13th (97)
ClementsAug13th (103)
ClementsAug13th (4)
Gill Zilla
ClementsAug13th (14)
ClementsAug13th (22)
ClementsAug13th (27)
Nice Native Strain Bluegill
ClementsAug13th (31)
ClementsAug13th (41)
ClementsAug13th (44)
ClementsAug13th (48)
ClementsAug13th (53)
Wedged my self here
ClementsAug13th (54)
Caught fish there
ClementsAug13th (55)

Fed a gator...
ClementsAug13th (72)
ClementsAug13th (82)
ClementsAug13th (81)
ClementsAug13th (84)


Sunday Emalie and I visited the Folks and she caught some little bluegills in the neighborhood...
Coppellaug14th (4)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Was this Lake Athens or some private water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fish, how do you know if the gills are native or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some huge gills. Very nice fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Stuff but there is something wrong with that Gill Zilla man! Crazy Gator feeding, Glad Missouri don't have those, I like to wade fish to much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to your site and love it! I am in Idaho and there was a time when we targeted big bluegill exclusively, fish to 10", nothing like what I saw in your neck of the woods. I target carp largely now, but really appreciate all the neat sunfish you have as well. Way cool!

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete