Friday, December 11, 2009

Rockwood Texas Pt. 1

Last weekend my father and I were at our lease in Rockwood Texas, If you don't know where that is, it is about 50 miles north of Mason, a little south of Coleman.

This is a deer lease of 840 acres with a 20 acre lake stocked with Bass, Catfish, Crappie, Perch and other things. The property has a large population of hogs, bobcats and a few mountain lions. Non of the deer are what I would consider "trophy", but the does I have seena re pretty fat. The other morning I even caught the gobble of a turkey in the distance. Quail, lots of dove and some ducks round out the animal population.

This is a year round lease that I will be able to enjoy for a while I think.

Here are some pics from last weekend:
blue feeder
Small hog
pig head shot
Harvested this female bobcat, I have already delivered it to the taxadermist!
Bobcat

Heading back out to the lease this afternoon, plan to stay until sunday. Hopefully I will leave with some venison!

No comments:

Post a Comment